Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Chorale


Dear, dear reader.  Life comes quickly, doesn't it?  Here I am, nearly 3 weeks away from being married.  I've noticed my recently graduated friends musing over much of the same thing recently - being an adult, I mean.  I'm working full time now, I'm making decisions about paint colors and what socks to wear in the mornings, and I'm working and I'm sleeping and I'm working some more.

Some people look at life like this and they just assume that this is all it is - rote routine.  Which, you'd find ironic if you read my last blog post.  But recently, I've been catching up on reading I promised myself I would do in college, and it pushes me.  It spurs me onward towards my Passions: those big things that we each dream about in high school or college - the things we cling to with a desperation that drives us to put one foot in front of the other each and every day.

This post feels a bit scattered and ethereal to me.  Much like my life right now does.  But, friend, the chaos of our life, no matter how scattered and detached we feel now will lead us into eternity in ways you and I could never have imagined.  The crazy thing is, God has wonderful plans for you and me.  And whether we are just secondary characters in the stories of our own lives, or whether we have more say than we'd like to think, the chaos of our past and the passions of our future will back us away enough to get a larger glimpse of the Bigger Picture.

Sometimes when you're just laying in bed, exhausted and ready to be done with your day, you have to listen to beautiful voices and write down a few beautiful words.  I hope they put a small smile on your face tonight, tomorrow, or wherever this post finds you.

Thank you for being you, dear dear reader.  You are one of my Passions.


The beauty of the past,
Even though the pain lasts,
Is the contrast of the dark,
Which brightens your gold heart:
Beautiful chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment