Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Considerations of the Letter 11

Today I am considering things that start with the letter 11.    But in all seriousness, nonsensical, and homicidally verbagiousness (that’s the characteristic of verbing you know, and not technically upon my considerations as it does not start with the letter 11), the musings and mischiefs of Carroll and I (specifically of Alice and JTY), have made its way into my imagination and Scarlequain, AH, 11!

Slayed the Jabberwock,
Put the Question to Spock:
 Why is a Raven like a writing desk?
Hatter, Harry, Hammer, to the test:
J.T.Nonsensical.Y.

Life is better with the wing of an angel around one’s neck, I daresay.  Indeed, a little known fact of Poe’s crow and the cow’s low is just that.  You suppose Alice slayed the Jabberwock in a day?  Wing your way up the spiral stair, and away from Absalom’s stare.  Where is your Muchness, young one?  Why is a Raven like a writing desk?  Why do all the Spocks in the world know An Answer?  Is there an answer?  Did Poe write on both?  I’m more inclined to think there is a B in both and an N in neither.

And now Much One Young, you shake your bean and mutter something mean.  But being mad isn’t bad, in fact you’ll be quite happy, if not sappy, to realize that the best usually are.  Mad, I mean.  And probably saps too, if the two winds blew blue too.

Is there a moral to this story, this ridiculous tirade?  Something Deep you can dive in, some philosophical spin?  More than you know, your Muchness.  I hope you’ve found it by now.  I hope you’ve answered your Question.


Eh what?  Wake up you say?  My friend, you just heared the time of day.  But I’ll tell you a nary, this old storator will.  There once was a boy.  And not just any boy.  This boy had powers untold.  What were they?  Well, I’m sure you’ll find out; today I am considering things that start with the letter 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment