Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lost in the Evidence



Tin man in Tin armor,
City-loving farmer,
Eagle Scout and musician,
Questions, queries, unanswered ambition:
Finding Me.




Christian, Oldest child, Romantic, romantic, Ginger, goal-oriented, focused, trumpet player, brass lover, Romantic era, big orchestras, principled, sap, music-lover, deep thinker, broken and bandaged heart, lover of family, big brother, patriot, UT fan, athlete, double-major, possible grad student, heart-breaker, player, exhausted, confused, obnoxious laugh, affectionate friend, flirt, sweet-tooth, afraid of needles, spiral staircase lover, fictional writer, aspiring poet, confidante, goober, goofball, addict, extrovert, touchy-feely, writer of letters, liar, lover of politics, movie collector, nostalgic, smeller of books, natural leader, public speaker, improv, classy, jazz, farmer, Eagle, hard things, Legos, Zelda, Simple Things, Beauty in the small, Words, capital letters, etc., so on, and so forth.

Afraid to commit,
Risk completely spent,
Hide in my shell,
Wish them all well:
Protecting Her.

Who is my Her?  I don't know.  Who am I?  I don't know.  Where am I going?  I don't know (this reminds me of a negative version of the Zoboomafoo theme song...).  But I do know that whoever she is doesn't want the Me I know now.  And so I try and protect all the Hers out there.  But I fail.  I wonder why the terrible things happen.  I wonder why the dragons of my life persist.  But I keep pressing on, still not knowing, still hoping to be a better Him.

"How should we be able to forget those ancient myths that are at the beginning of all peoples, the myths about dragons that at the last moment turn into princesses; perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave.  Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us."  -Rainer Maria Rilke

...one day later...

P.S. (Because sometimes other things need to be said that are too curtailed to say in another post...and besides, who posts two posts within a day of each other, really?)

The English language is crazy.  I made a little note at the end of my International Relations Notes that says the following:

Baloo blew until blue.  Write rite right. The board is aboard the bored board.

What?

Also, have you ever wondered what would happen if you mixed up tenses in English?

I did that tomorrow, you know.  I will go to the store yesterday.

I hear the makings of a Lewisesque story.  My mind has been down the Rabbit Hole of late.  Which would explain away the "good-heavens-I feel-like-I-fell-off-a cliff-after-that-mood-change" post script you just read.

C'est la vie.

1 comment: